Thursday 3 June 2010

Major Diploma.

I was so going to title this post Diploma Dilemma. Hahaha, but I realised that it wouldn't really be correct since I don't really have a dilemma about my diploma at all. :/

Anyways. School has been unmotivating thus far. Unmotivating is not actually a word, but it best describes my situation now. I don't really have a lot of work to do (thankfully), but I'm not exactly putting my best effort into what work I have to do either. And using Photoshop/Illustrator/Indesign to design everyday subsequently means I have no mood to sort through and edit photos lately, which subsequently explains the lack of photos and subsequently the lack of updated posts. Subsequently.

Beside schoolwork, we also had to choose our diploma majors this week. Kind of like streaming in Secondary School but with only three options, Illustration, Graphic Design, or Photography. Haha everyone's like consulting the lecturers and asking around to see who's choosing what, but I kind of made my choice to go into Photography already. In fact, it's the reason why I chose to enter the course in the first place. I don't really need to evaluate my choices and ask the lecturers because I'm so set on the choice that I want already. So I guess it kind of seems that my life is all planned out already.

But you know, I think that's worse. To be so set on what you want to do in life, that decision-making becomes trivial and easy as compared to others. What if I'm making the worst decision of my life and I'm going to regret it in a few years time? I think I'd be worse off knowing that I didn't exactly give this decision much thought and just chose it because it was what I wanted. That instead of evaluating and making a careful decision, in retrospect I would seem reckless and impulsive. What if one day I wake up and decide that I don't really want to be a photographer anymore? It isn't something that I've wanted to do all my life, I started taking photography seriously only 2 years ago, so how can I be sure if I want to do this as a job in the future?
I guess the problem is you never know if it's going to happen to you or not, so you can't really do anything about it can you? Haha. Or maybe the fact that I'm questioning myself now is indicative of what is to come.. (Dun Dun Dunnnn)

If I decide not to be a photographer I'm going to be a traffic policeman and go around giving people tickets. Or a professional beat-boxing pen spinner. Or a children's book writer! Hahaha.

Okay this blog post seems really depressing with all the words, so to lighten things up here's a HDR picture of a tree!
Nevermind the fact that the tree is probably dying.

No comments: